17 Jul 2011

Baked Barbecue Ribs


I absolutely love ribs!  I just dig in and eat it with my fingers!  My French husband looks at me with horror, as he needs to eat everything with a fork and knife (even hamburgers!).  I eat it my way and it tastes so good with this honey barbecue sauce!  Finger lickin' good! Cooking time is long, but well worth the wait. 

Ingredients:
-1 slab of ribs
-1/2 cup whiskey
-1/2 cup ketchup
-3 tbsp vinegar
-1 tsp lemon juice
-3 minced garlic cloves
-1 tbsp honey
-pepper

Instructions:
-Season ribs with pepper.
-Bake ribs in the oven at 185 degrees C for 30 minutes.
-After 30 minutes, on the rib side use a knife and cut off the membrane (like a thin layer of skin).
-Add 2 inches of water to the ribs, cover with foil and bake for another 2 hours.  While baking, check on the ribs and add water if needed.
-In the meantime, combine and mix the whiskey, ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice, honey and minced garlic cloves.

-After 2 hours, most of the water should be gone, so add sauce to the ribs and bake for another 20 minutes without the foil.  Be sure to baste the ribs with the sauce from time to time while baking.
-Serve with fries or salad.

No comments: