2 Aug 2010

Zucchini Fritters

It's zucchini season and my mother-in-law's garden is full of them, so I've benefited from receiving loads of these lovely summer squashes.  I've been cooking them up in different ways, trying to keep it interesting and tasty so we don't get zucchini overload.  These fritters can be eaten hot or cold.





Ingredients:
-2 zucchinis
-1 teaspoon of salt
-1 large garlic clove
-1 egg
-4 tablespoons of flour
-100 grams of crumbled feta cheese
-1 teaspoon of pepper
-parsley and any other sprigs of garnish




Instructions:
-grate the zucchini, sprinkle with salt and let it rest
-mince the garlic, chop the parsley and combine with egg, flour, feta cheese and pepper
-place the shredded zucchini in a strainer and with a spoon press down on the zucchini so that the liquid drains or wrap the zucchini with some paper towel and squeeze out the liquid
-put all the ingredients together and mix well so that all the different flavors come together
-fry in canola oil for about 5-6 minutes or until golden brown on both sides








Optional:
-a tablespoon of lemon zest can be added to the zucchini mixture prior to cooking
-fritters can be topped off with a bit of yogurt or dipped in soy sauce

3 comments:

Heesoo said...

Oh,Bindae-ddeok!
It's name Hobak Bindae-ddeok.^^

ezriah said...

Delicious!

Nelly Milanova said...

hi my name is Nelly. I am canadian-bulgarian. I love to cook and i notice that you have a lot of my favorite recipes that I prepare. So I felt you really close