26 Sept 2010

Baked Gambas with Garlic and Parsley

I never cared for seafood in the past, however when I moved to France, my husband introduced me to the world of seafood and I now love fish, shrimp, mussels, crab, etc.  This particular shrimp recipe has a lot of garlic and parsley, so you will have garlic breath and watch out for those parsley bits in between your teeth.



My cat also loves shrimp,
so I gave her the shrimp heads. 
Spoiled cat!


Ingredients:
-800 grams of giant shrimp
-50 grams of butter
-1/4 cup of olive oil
-1/4 cup of fresh parsley
-3 cloves of garlic
-1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
-Juice of half a lemon







Instructions:
-Combine and mix together the melted butter, olive oil, lemon juice, chopped parsely, chopped garlic and chilli flakes. 
-Follow the photo instructions below to cut up the shrimp.
-Once the shrimp has been cut up, spoon the butter mixture over the shrimp.
-Bake in the oven at 220 degrees C for 4 minutes or until the skin and tail of the shrimp becomes red.




Off with their heads!
Cut off the legs.











Cut the back (opposite the leg side)
from the tail down.
Open up the shrimp and take out any
veins that may appear.













Bake in the oven for 4 minutes and
serve immediately.
 

Spoon the butter mixture over
the shrimp












No comments: