27 Aug 2010

Mushroom Crostini

Once a year, around October, my husband loves to go mushroom hunting.  I'm not so keen, as I prefer to eat them, rather than searching for them.  As a Canadian I should love outdoor activities, and I do, but looking for mushrooms, hours on end, resulting in 1 or 2 in our basket is not my idea of fun.  However, I do love making and eating these mushroom crostinis, now that's fun!




Ingredients:
-300 grams of Paris mushrooms (or any type of mushrooms)
-3 garlic cloves
-Parsley
-4 tablespoons of creme fraiche
-Salt & pepper
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-baguette




Instructions:
-Chop up mushrooms into small pieces, chop up the sprigs of parsley and mince the garlic.
-Saute garlic in olive oil and add the mushrooms. 
-Once the mushrooms are cooked through, add the creme fraiche, salt and pepper to taste.  Cook for a few minutes until most of the liquid is gone.
-Add the fresh parsley and turn off the heat.
-Cut the baguette in diagonal slices and toast in the toaster. 
-Spread the mushroom mixture onto the baguette slices and serve warm. 


PS: These mushrooms are store bought.  We would have never found so many along the countryside.  Furthermore, there are no mushrooms in our area in August.  Heck, there's barely any during mushroom season in October.

No comments: