10 Sept 2010

Leek, Ham and Mushroom Quiche

Living in France, I should know how to make a basic quiche.  I like this recipe, because it's versatile and allows me to put in any of my favourite ingredients.  For this particular quiche, I have settled on using leek, ham and mushroom, a delicious combination in my opinion.  PS: the French mouse in the photo is mischievously looking at my quiche!  Fait attention petite souris, le quiche est pour nous!



Ingredients:
-1 package of puff pastry
-1 1/4 cup of emmental cheese
-1 1/4 cup of milk
-4 eggs
-Salt & pepper
-2 leeks
-3 slices of ham
-1 can of chopped mushrooms
-1 tablespoons of olive oil




Instructions:
-Grate the cheese, beat the eggs, drain the mushrooms, chop the leeks and ham into small pieces.
-Under medium heat, add the olive oil and sauté the leeks, ham and mushroom. 
-Add salt and pepper (amount according to your preference).
-In a bowl, combine and mix the milk and eggs.




-Line the pie shell with parchment paper and add the pastry.
-Place the cooked leek, ham and mushroom mixture into the pastry along with the eggs and milk.
-Top off with the cheese.
-Bake in the oven at 200 degrees C for 35 minutes.
Optional:
-Put any of your favourite ingredients into a quiche, such as onions, tomatoes, asparagus, etc.
-Goes great with a side salad.

No comments: