17 Oct 2010

Chocolate Pecan Cookies

I am Cookie Monster's sister.  If there are cookies around, I do get the same googly eyes and scream "me want cookie, me eat cookie!"  I may not have the blue fur, but I do have the same uncontrollable appetite as the Cookie Monster, especially for these chocolate pecan cookies.  Goes great with a glass of milk.



Ingredients:
-1 cup of chopped pecans
-1/3 cup of chopped chocolate
-1/2 cup (110 grams) of butter
-1/3 cup of sugar
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-1 cup of flour






Instructions:
-Preheat oven 180 degrees C.
-Chop pecans or put through the mixer.
-Cream the butter in an electric mixer.  Add the sugar and eventually the vanilla and flour.
-Fold in the pecans.
-Shape into balls, place on a buttered cookie sheet and gently flatten with the bottom of a glass.
-Finely chop the chocolate.
-In the middle of each cookie, make a little dent with your thumb and fill in with the chocolate.
-Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.  Cool cookies on a wire rack.

No comments: